Part Time Climbing Instructor Position Available (Evenings and Weekends)
Job Description for Oakwood Climbing Centre
Oakwood Climbing Centre Ethos
Oakwood is an activity centre, based on Christian principles and the Christian ethos should permeate throughout the organisation.
Oakwood aims to challenge and develop individuals socially, physically and spiritually.
1. To work with the Duty Manager and other team members to ensure the smooth and safe running of the Climbing Centre.
2. To treat all clients in a professional manner, providing great and friendly customer service.
3. Carry out induction training, specific classes and workshops – to include NICAS, NIBAS, schools, local organisations and birthday parties.
4. Supervise the roped climbing and bouldering areas.
5. Responsible for maintaining the professional appearance and cleanliness of the Climbing Centre.
6. Reporting any PPE faults immediately to the Duty Manager.
7. Provide security through observation of customers entering and leaving the building. Check membership cards and challenging unauthorized entrance to prevent inappropriate use of the facility.
8. Respond to emergency situations and carry out first aid as required.
Qualifications and Experience
2. Proven experience in the climbing industry and an enthusiastic climber.
- Flexible, proactive and enthusiastic work approach.
- 100% trustworthy to follow the rules of the Centre.
What we need from you
- Excellence needs to be maintained at every level.
- To be flexible with regarding tasks to be carried out and shift work, especially evenings and weekends.
- To ensure that everyone visiting Oakwood is physically and socially safe during the course of their visit.
- To work efficiently on reception, dealing with customer bookings and general administration.
- Facilitate the Oakwood Outdoor & Climbing Centre ethos.
What we provide
- Good rate of pay, dependant on age and experience.
- Training for further development.
- Free use of the wall for staff.
Please send your CV to email@example.com