With new government restrictions coming in, we are going back to using bookable climbing slots at peak times. This will stop queuing outside during the winter seasons and will allow more thorough cleans between groups at our peak times. We have also lowered our capacity below guidelines to allow customers to safely socially distance within our centre whilst climbing.
During off peak hours (10.00-15.30 weekdays) we do not require bookings.
During peak hours (16.00-22.00 weekdays, 10.00-18.00 weekends) you will be required to book a climbing slot.
New customers are welcome, and you may still supervise up to 2 novice climbers if you are signed off to boulder or rope climb at our centre.
Please check your slot carefully before booking as we are not offering any refunds.
Although we are making changes to prevent the spread of COVID19, we cannot guarantee that you will not catch it.
FROM 28th SEPTEMBER CLIMBING SLOT BOOKINGS ARE REQUIRED AT PEAK TIMES.
Our main priority is the safety of our customer’s; therefore, we have made some reasonable adjustments to the way we operate based on the guidelines set out by the government. We will continue to monitor government advice and do our best to make changes to make the climbing centre more accessible when we can.
To ensure social distancing, we are limiting the numbers in the climbing centre at any one time. Entry at peak hours (16.00-22.00 weekdays, 10.00-18.00 weekends) will only be allowed via our online booking system with 1hr 50 minute slots available.
Entry at off peak hours (10.00-15.30 on a weekday) does not require a booking. We will be monitoring our capacity during those times, so please use our capacity counter on the home page to check availability
We are also excited to announce that we have rebuilt our Competition Climbing Wall to give more floor space, encouraging social distancing for our customers.
We ask customers to follow social distancing guidelines by keeping a 2m distance from other people in the climbing centre, unless you are from the same household. Masks are now required within our centre at all times unless on the climbing wall, the usual exemptions specified by the government apply.
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, you are not allowed to enter the facility. If you have been near or have shown symptoms of COVID 19 within the last 14 days, then please continue to self isolate.
Passes are available to buy from the Member Area. To find out more information and for booking a 1hr 50 minute climbing session, head to our booking page.
If you have any questions or are not quite sure what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to get in contact!
Here are some of the measure we have put in place to ensure your safety:
- Clear markings for queuing on entry to the climbing centre.
- Hand Sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Temperature checker on entry
- Screens in place at reception desk.
- Cleaning will take place every 2 hours.
- The cafe will be closed until further notice.
- Clear signage visible to encourage social distancing.
- Masks to be worn when not climbing
- Supervision of Novice or Under 18year olds is only allowed by a competent adult climber supervising on a 1:2 basis from the same household.
- Air filter machines will be turned on, which will encourage virus’ to be filtered out from the air.
- The use of Liquid chalk will be encouraged due to hand sanitising properties.
We ask that you respect our following guidelines:
- We are only allowing entry at peak times to those who have pre-booked.
- Climbing at peak times is restricted to the set time slot and cannot be extended.
- If you book two time slots in a row, you will still need to leave the centre between slots to allow staff to clean the centre.
- You are only allowed to supervise members of your own household.
- Wear masks when not climbing on the wall
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, you are not allowed to enter the facility. If you have been near or have shown symptoms of COVID 19 within the last 14 days, then please continue to self isolate.
- Please continue to follow social distancing guidelines by keeping a 2m distance from other people in the climbing centre, unless you are from the same household.