As this is the first phase of our reopening, there will be no passes activated as of yet, and entry will only be on the prebooking of a climbing slot.
There are no instructed sessions currently available to book.
Please check your slot carefully before booking as we are not offering any refunds.
Due to COVID 19 we are restricting numbers in our climbing area. This allows us to partially open and get you climbing again whilst doing our best to reduce the risk of clients catching an illness. Although we are making changes to prevent the spread of COVID19, we cannot guarantee that you will not catch it.
We are please to announce that Oakwood Climbing Centre will be open at a limited capacity from the 25th July!
Our main priority is the safety of our customer’s; therefore, we have made some reasonable adjustments to the way we operate based on the guidelines set out by the government. We will continue to monitor government advice and do our best to make changes to make the climbing centre more accessible when we can.
To ensure social distancing, we are limiting the numbers in the climbing centre at any one time. Entry will only be allowed via our online booking system with 1.5 hour slots available at our OFF PEAK rates.
We are also excited to announce that we have rebuilt our Competition Climbing Wall to give more floor space, encouraging social distancing for our customers.
We ask customers to follow social distancing guidelines by keeping a 2m distance from other people in the clmbing centre, unless you are from the same houshold. If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, you are not allowed to enter the facility. If you have been near or have shown symptoms of COVID 19 within the last 14 days, then please continue to self isolate.
As this is the first phase of our reopening, there will be no passes activated and no instructor-led sessions available. To find out more information and for booking a 1.5 hour climbing session, head to our booking page.
If you have any questions or are not quite sure what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to get in contact!
Here are some of the measure we have put in place to ensure your safety:
- Clear markings for queuing on entry to the climbing centre.
- Hand Sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Screens in place at reception desk.
- Cleaning will take place between 1.5hr climbing slots.
- The cafe will be closed until further notice.
- Clear signage visible to encourage social distancing.
- Instructor led climbing sessions will not take place until further notice.
- Supervision of Novice or Under 18year olds is only allowed by a competent adult climber supervising on a 1:1 basis from the same household.
- Air filter machines will be turned on, which will encourage virus’ to be filtered out from the air.
- The use of Liquid chalk will be encouraged due to hand sanitising properties. Loose chalk will not be permitted until further notice.
We ask that you respect our following guidelines for our initial opening:
- We are only allowing entry to the centre for those who have pre-booked.
- Climbing is restricted to the set time slot and cannot be extended.
- If you book two time slots in a row, you will still need to leave the centre between slots to allow staff to clean the centre.
- You are only allowed to supervise members of your own household.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, you are not allowed to enter the facility. If you have been near or have shown symptoms of COVID 19 within the last 14 days, then please continue to self isolate.
- Please continue to follow social distancing guidelines by keeping a 2m distance from other people in the climbing centre, unless you are from the same household.
As this is the first phase of opening, there will be no passes activated and no instructor-led sessions available. This is a temporary measure which we hope to lift soon